Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Let there be PIE!





I keep encouraging the girls that they can fend for themselves in the kitchen and now my hard work is paying off. I have taught the girls awhile ago to make themselves easy meals to start with...think cereal and milk. If the milk made it in the bowl it was a good day. Then the girls graduated to scrambled eggs with success and pancakes. Now they both are wanting to cook.. cook.. cook. I can't keep up with the demands. Kendra and Sydney took a kid's cooking class this summer and have been making creations from the cookbook to show mom and dad what they have learned. Sydney made dinner the other night with a littler supervision...Tex Mex meatloaf and potatoes foil packets that we cooked in the oven for dinner. It was pretty darn good. Kendra has been cooking up a storm this week. There have been cookies, pancakes and now PIE!!! I am so proud of both my girls. Now if we could just master cleanup!

1 comment:

  1. You always inspire me to be a better mom. :) I love that you are teaching your girls such great skills like my mom did with me. Seems like these days those old fashioned skills are slipping away. The pie looks pretty good...and so did those whale sandwiches the other day...what a fun mommy you are!

    ReplyDelete